The death wish [ part two ]

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008

The raven repeated, “Death” with that passive tone of those who know.

The willow didn’t really know what to say, all this time giving advice, now was the time when he needed one. “Do I?” he told the raven.

“Yes” he answered, just as if he had been living in the willow’s thoughts all this time. The willow kept silent for a while, “And what is it that you want?” he finally said,

“It’s not about what I want really; it’s about what you want.”

“How come? You’ve just told me what I want”

“Indeed, though, I’m not talking about that, I can give you what you seek, but in order for me to do it you must really want it, entirely.” The willow got it, still it was something that worried him.

“Then, that’s impossible, you can’t really help me.” The raven knew that was about to come, so as if everything was planed the told him.

“Why is that?”

“Because even if what I seek is death, I’m not sure I want to die entirely I must sacrifice a part of what I want to get something else I also want, that’s the way it works. I’m really tired, I can’t really go on, I want to rest, but still, a part of me still has lots of things to do, that part wishes to live, so I can’t want it entirely,”

“That is what you need to do then.” The willow tried to believe in it, but he couldn’t, it was just not part of what he was. Then the raven said,

“Go on, end all this” and after a short silence he said, “I shall be back soon” and he flew away into the dark of the night.

The willow felt confused, he couldn’t really sleep that night as he thought what the raven had just told him. And he kept asking himself questions, and after the sleepless night he made a choice. He was going to leave. So he decided to settle thoughts down. He had a long list of things to arrange before his death, he worried about the jungle creatures, but he had to find a way. A way to settling everything up in order for him to leave.


Second Part
Mrs. K i t e
[ will i challenge the world today? ]

Comments (0)