The escence of madness

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

They always come, they always do. I've had to deal with them since I got to this horrible place, I have never seen them and probably I never will. But yet every day I hear them, the other prisoners I mean. The old stone walls are thick but yet I hear their every word, always letting whispers of dark thoughts slide out of their intangible mouths, floating through the air, making it harder to breath, crawling into my ears.

"Kill you self" the say "You'll rot in this dungeon!"

At first they didn't get to me, but as days, months, years went by, the ideas of getting out were burning my every particle, out of here no matter how. I had to do something, I had to get out and explain all to Sylvia, I had to made up for all what I made her go trough, probably our son would be now grown up, mad at the father who he never had. But after all, she would must likely be away in some place not even God would know.

Despite of what everyone said, I knew I was innocent, the death of that poor girl had nothing to do with me, but I couldn't think of that, the death girl couldn't worry me any less, I just wanted it all to stop.

"You know you kill her, and you liked it"
"You just want to be out of here so you can do it again don't you? You bloody murderer"

T
he days just seemed to last years, but what was driving me mad was not any longer the imprisonment, but it was the whispers, they just kept going and going, like a cockroach inside my brain, crawling, with every of its little dirty paws, and i just wanted to smash it, to crush its head and stick its body with a needle until it could move no more and squeeze it and smack it and step on it and destroy its every bit, and.... but they just wouldn't stop.

"Think of the little girl, think of her, she'll never raise again"
"She had a future and you crushed it, and it felt good"

I had stopped wondering who might they be, it lacked of importance, I just wished they shouted up, I just wished they would end the torture, I just wished they died. But they don't, i don't know why they hate me, of why do they know these things, Probably they were the guards, making this more a living hell than it already was.


"Why did you killed the poor little thing?"
"You must end it, kill yourself, kill the murderer!"


"Do you think he's ever coming back?" Asked a pale woman, she looked as if she had cried for days
"I can't assure you anything Mrs. Green, but I believe not" said the man standing beside her
"But how could all this happen?" asked the sobbing woman.
"After all what happen, this was an expected outcome" he said, without any try of touch in his words
"But it was not his fault, right?" asked her
"That we will never know" said the man, just before walking trough the door and leaving.



By I'm the penguin


Comments (0)