Young crush

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dear Francis,

Today was a really uncomfortable day, it all started at school, Miss Green had let us play with clay, and it was really fun. I got to make a snow man with Matt, the boy I talked to you about the other day.

It was fun, I really like Matt, he is very funny and always makes me laugh. But then after Miss Green read us, we played with the toy box, as always I took the small pink squeeze ball, I just like it. But then out of the blue, Matt and Danny hit me with a ball, I didn’t fell or anything, but I was angry, why would Matt throw a ball at me?

Mommy always said to Lauren that when kids are little, they hit you because they like you, I guess Matt likes me too.

Then when I came home this afternoon, mommy prepared lunch and we played with Spot, and then as she always does, she asked me about my day.

“So how was school today honey?”

“Fine, I guess.”

And then the everlasting question, Until today I’m not really sure of why she keeps asking this every day, but she does.

“Did you make any sweethearts today?”

She used to ask Lauren that kind of stuff all the time, then they got all secretive and giggled, I never get it. What’s the big deal?

“Well there’s someone at class I like” I inexplicably said

“Oh, and who would that be?” she asked me eagerly

“No one really…” I suddenly got shy, I just wanted it to be, how is the word?... private?

“Oh, come on, if it is a special person to you, then I want to know who it is” said mom with a gigantic smile on her face.

“Well his name is Matt” I said

“Who?!” she asked, as if he hadn’t heard well

“Matt, the boy who lives in the blue house a few blocks away” I said, I was really surprised she didn’t remembered him.

“Matt Conrrad?!” Then mom had no longer that gigantic smile and she just said“Be sure to do your homework” And then as that she went upstairs.

I was really confused, was it about he living in a blue house? Was she just shocked of my crush? Probably she didn’t expected me to have one, but I have always been more of a grown up, no one at my class has a diary, and I have you Francis. Probably mom just needed some rest.

If this wasn’t enough you should have seen at dinner, when daddy came home, it was way weirder.

“Could you pass me the potato salad Laurie?”

“Yes dad, here” said my sister

“So how was school today?” dad asked me

“Umm.. fine” I said, remembering how did this conversation ended last time.

“So, I was told by a little bird that you like someone at school, is that right?” he said, with that pretended calmed tone he has.

“Mom!” I complained, I was angry, she had told him after walking away

“C’ommon, tell your old man about it”

“Ok… well his name is Matt… ” I said, and I regretted it because there was a huge silence.

“Matt?! As in Mathew Conrrad, what’s wrong..” Lauren was interrupted

“Laurie…, let’s see, do you like him like him, or are you just good friends?” asked dad, as if he wanted to know if I had killed the gold fish or not. I became really uncomfortable, what was so wrong about Matt? Were our parents mad to each other?

“Well, I don’t know, we’re good friends I guess” I said shyly

The rest of the dinner we remained silent, I really don’t know what had gotten into them Francis, I really don’t, I mean I had heard love was tough, but I always thought they were exaggerations, I just don’t know what is so wrong about liking someone.

P.S Spot is getting vaccine tomorrow so he’ll be away for the weekend.

Sincerely, Jonas

by: I'm the penguin

Comments (0)