Just wandering

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

It was late and I decided to go to the store, pick up a few things for dinner and breakfast, it was cold as it always is. I kind of hurried so they wouldn’t close, I wasn’t sure at what time did they, but eleven o’clock is quiet late for a local store to be opened.

So I put on coat, grabbed the keys and hurried, I thought of what would I specifically buy as I went down the stairs, it gave me quiet a few time since I live in the fifth floor.

Until I was out of the building I noticed I hadn’t brought my glasses, since I have nearsightedness, I thought they weren’t so necessary, the store was just two blocks away.

So I walked almost running, I almost tripped with the damned rain but yet I managed to get there, shocker, it was closed, I damned whoever owned that store, but anyways what would be one? I knew of a 24hour store a few blocks away but I wasn’t sure where was it, so I started walking slower since I didn’t have any time hurries, instead I jingled the list in my head and wandered the streets, that moment I wished I had brought my glasses, because I couldn’t really see anything but blurry shadows and a starless sky.

I got to a point where I wasn’t sure where I was, but after a couple of turns and returns I finally found the bloody store, so after repeating the list so much I just went there and grabbed the things I needed.

And just before I took some chips I noticed someone had been staring at me since the second I came in, it was a dark tall figure, with a long black coat, he certainly looked mysterious, not to mention criminal-like. I thought it wasn’t a big deal, maybe he was waiting ‘til I left to pick a dirty magazine or something, or maybe he was planning to rob the store. What if he was planning to assault me as soon as i went out of the store? What if he had followed me since I left the flat? What if he was some sort of twisted pervert? What if...

“Did you find everything you were looking for?”

“Excuse me? Oh right, yes, yes i did, thanks”

So I paid, I didn’t even checked the change, I was just in a hurry to leave since the person had just moved towards me, so I practically ran to the door and left, I seriously tought of running but I had completely forgot the way back, so I just walked fast to god knows where and I heard the store’s door closing a few meters away form me, I entered in panic, all my previous paranoia had had a reason to be, the person was after me, but what did he wanted? I certainly didn’t look wealthy, was I just some random victim? Was this part of some ridiculous joke of those crappy shows? Would my friends jump suddenly form the trash can laughing at me? Was this just some huge coincidence? I just knew that at this point I was scared.

I went on, I looked behind my shoulder, he was following me indeed, he had apparently bought something, maybe just to have some alibi, he made some sort of sign with his hand, probably checking his watch. I was scared to death, what if he wasn’t a thief? What if he was a serial killer? What if he was a rapist? What if it was all in my head, was I becoming loony? Maybe he just thought he new me and wanted to say hello, which ever I wasn’t planning o stop and ask.

I turned right and i still hear his steps, I turned left and i still could hear him, I crossed the street and seconds later he did too. My sight was poor and I was wanting to have my glasses more than ever in my life, but I just didn’t care anymore, I ran to some random direction, turned left and kept running till I found an alley, I entered, it was a death end, I was death, he was going to find me and god knows what would happen, so I though fast and hid behind a trash can. Never in my life had i heard my heart in such a way, i could feel it coming out of my chest, I was terrorized.

Would he kill me? Would it be fast? Would he torture me first? Wold anyone find my corpse ever? When would people know I was actually death and stop looking for me? Would someone notice I’m gone? Would people show up at my funeral? I was worried about my parents reaction when they heard their only son was brutally murdered.

I heard steps coming close, I was hopping he would just thought I kept going on the same street, but he stopped at the alley and coughed.

“Hey Robert” he said with a deep hoarse voice

Oh dearest lord, the killer knew my name, he was indeed a serial killer, he had probably studied me for Weeks, but how come did I not noticed? Why didn’t I brought my glasses? I wouldn’t even see the face of my own killer!

“Dearest lord, Robert, you made me run a long way, I have to catch my breath” he said and the he coughed

Now he was mad, i was sure he would torture me.

“You left two bags at the store, are you alright?” said with a deep horrible tone

I could see now, he was pretending to have a normal chat so if any witnesses they would though we actually knew each other, he was a damned professional!

“Robert, its me, Tim from accounting”

God i was going to die! I know no Tim from... wait.

“I didn’t named you out loud because of this bloody cough, my troath is soar” he said, then he coughed again.

“Good lord Robert, it seems you just saw a killer or something”



By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)