Lab Rats

Posted by Mrs. Kite | Posted in | Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Sometimes I'm afraid that when I grow up, I'll make a habit of pretending to be other people. That's the charm of twenty-first century living, isn't it? Let's play make-believe! I'll make up life stories for entirely fictional characters, with fictional friends and fictional accents and fictional personalities. I'll write books about these individuals and act each one out in real life to figure our precisely how people might react. I'll make charts and record, revise, rescript and edit. I'll dress up and play the part, with hair and makeup and eccentric charm every night; it will all just be a mildly interesting pastime.
...Like people watching.
But with lying and acting and treating people like lab rats, too.
-Alex Gill

[via: ADBUSTERS #72]

Comments (0)