A mind reader

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009

KARLA: I feel different, apart from everyone. I can’t go to the movies, parties, I can’t be around anyone; this is a curse

PROFESSOR W: Don’t you get it? You are the next step into human evolution, I can’t stretch this enough your gift is something wonderful

KARLA: Some of the other freaks can lift things with their minds, even that would be cool, I could hide it, or do fun stuff, but I’m just a creep. There’s nothing fun about knowing everyone’s sexual fantasies

Then a beep kind of ring distracted me and I stopped typing, it was the MSN, Molly was talking to me.

Mrs. Cullen the III said: Sooo, talk you big whore, what happnd with Ooliver last nite?? Did he gave you his English sweetness?
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: Molly, that’s so last…night. Nothing happened; he had a tea party or something today, so he flew off. I have this literature thing for tomorrow… so.
Mrs. Cullen the III said: tea party? I don’t think they have tea parties around here…
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: M that was sarcasm…
Mrs. Cullen the III said: I see… thn Y did u got home so late??? Was it that boi fromk your drama club?
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: No, it’s not all about boys you know. Wait, how the hell do you know I arrived so late last night?
Mrs. Cullen the III said: a girl knows her ways
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: You were the one on skype with Paul last night weren’t you?...Ew you’re gross!!!… and then you go around calling me a whore
Mrs. Cullen the III said: I was just saying hi, the boy’s been gone for a whole semester!
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: right, and I’m sure that welcome committee involved him opening the door in his briefs right?
Mrs. Cullen the III said: ooo I’m sorry mother superior, well gtg I also have a paper due tomorrow, I guess I’ll Wikipedia it.XXX Bye
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: Whatever doesn’t involve my brother flexing his arms in front of the web cam is fine by me. Haha

Now that was an unnecessary interruption, Molly overall was an unnecessary interruption, I wondered a lot how come we were friends in the first place. I bet she started talking to me to get to my brother, which wouldn’t make her the first one. Anyway, she was okay, when she was not giving herself to her own webcam.  And I had more important stuff to do, and to worry about, specially about the night before, but it was all blurry, it was all so damn confusing and it was all so tomorrow-I-have-to-deliver-this-script! Five thousand words for the next day, actually I only had left 16 hours, what was I thinking leaving it for a Sunday?

PROFESSOR W: There is probably not one person in the entire planet that can do that as well, you’re special

KARLA: Thanks that makes me feel better, you know, when you call me a freak! Do you think there is anyone else the universe would hate so much as to make them know their mother’s fantasy involves heights and hamsters? You have no idea how much I hate this.

(KARLA picks up her stuff and leaves running, PROFESSOR W tries to stop her, but sees it’s useless. The scene changes and KARLA is walking in the street, next to a park, where she sees common people doing ordinary things)

SIMON: (sneaks behind her back) So… what’s that hot chicks morbid desire? (He says, pointing to a girl exercising.)

KARLA: (in startled) you scared me! It’s not funny Simon Diamond…(she jingles this name)

SIMON: Hey that’s not fair! I was just messing around

KARLA: So was I

SIMON: Not with my carbon-fixed-in-hexagonal-perfect-arrangement-material obsession. You know kids wouldn’t let me alone since 6th grade because of that…

And then another beep, announcing I would never end the lamest script ever written in history. I was thinking that it would be the best option to just freaking close the MSN, but then… I was waiting for a person to log on, which was the same person who had messaged me. Only that I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to talk.

-Untrust us- CCs said: hi
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: hi… what’sup?
-Untrust us-CCs said: well it’s only fifteen days until the Crystal Castles come to our humble little Chicago.
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: Boy haven’t I heard from those lately
-Untrust us-CCs said: What can I say, I let people know what I like :D. So what are you doing?
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: This lame script for literature, I should have started sooner, it’s five thousand words.
-Untrust us- CCs said: What’s it about?
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: You will mock it, and then I’ll be pissed and won’t write about it.
-Untrust us-CCs said: Common Sarah, like I do that kind of crap…>_>
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: exactly my point...
-Untrust us- CCs said: c’ommon, you know you’ll end up telling me, why not now? You’ll need the time to finish it.
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: ugh…It’s about this girl who can read people’s minds. It’s kind of like an X-men parody, but it wasn’t meant to be. And the twist is that what she can see is other people’s ….sex fantasies.
-Untrust us- CCs said: well..that’s…original. But where does she live?
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: is that some sort of euphemism I’m not aware of?
-Untrust us- CCs said: no, I mean it. It’s not the same to go around reading fetich and depravation around NYC than to picture saggy ranch sex with marriage in Texas.
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: I hadn’t thought that much into it, let’s just say she’s in a place where they’re all disturbing to her
-Untrust us- CCs said:
Cali it is then
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: hahaha, isn’t half of your family from cali?
-Untrust us- CCs said: Then I’m talking from experience, you know how I told you second cousin Jeff was into me… and that whole summer I went by myself…
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: Margaret Susan Moore! You’re a bad bad person! hahahaha

And as always, she made me laugh; we spoke about nothing really, which nearly took two hours out of my 16-hour life span before failing at the project. It felt like always, an always that had been defined for years now, she knew I was hysteric about everything, I knew she wasn’t serious about anything. It was a system that had worked; it was something that kept me sane in a way. But then the previous night.

-Untrust us- CCs said: so has Mr.ImfromWales called? You two looked pretty dreamy last night
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: nah, he’s just a bluff, I bet he’s from a freaking borough in London.
-Untrust us- CCs said: don’t be so bad S, he’s the best European importation we have had since that Norwegian guy, do you remember him? …. *drools*
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: well, he was something. What a big damned something.
-Untrust us- CCs said: I think Molly made out with him
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: I think Molly made out with every guy we know…
-Untrust us- CCs said: Hey! That WOULD be calling her a whore, if only that wasn’t true XD
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: We’re so bad… And… speaking about yesterday…

-Untrust us- CCs said: yes? Are you going to lecture me on not challenging guys to shot competitions? Because we’ve both been down that road Mrs. Danniels
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: I was actually speaking of later yesterday… When I drove your car to my home… with you there, very drunk…
-Untrust us- CCs said: …where are you getting at?
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: well…you know, when you…
-Untrust us- CCs said: leaned and kissed you? More like sucked your nose?
Avoid THEpinkWAGON said:….
-Untrust us- CCs said: c’ommon Sarah, there comes a time in every girl’s life where she kissed her girl best firend because she’s drunk and then they repeat it to get free drinks and get into clubs
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: you also said some stuff… I am just… what’s going on?
-Untrust us- CCs said: I was drunk girl, it’s not like we did anything, a kiss and you want to marry or what? I mean Iowa would be happy to have us these days…
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: I’m serious, you said some stuff, I… Look, I can see how you don’t want to talk about this, but I’m just confused and well, Idk..
-Untrust us- CCs said: leave it, I was drunk, you were half way there, I was being stupid, you were being is-this-some-teenage-angst-series-moment? And I have to go
AvoidTHEpinkWAGON said: wait…

 

And then she was off. And I was put off, and it was all called off. Not was I only an angsty girl doing a lousy script, but I was an agnsty teen in a ridiculous scene, as if I was planned for the episode treating with stupid literature papers and stupid friends who kiss you and confess stupid love so then they can just make jokes about free drinks. It was like the mere purpose of her doing it was to screw my life and break the balance, like in some lack of imagination, low budget film. I was just a slapy screwed up character.

There were things she had said, there things I wish I had said, there were just so many things, so much plot. It made me wonder if this changed anything, it made me wonder if this was one of those things that break friendships for ever, it made me wonder if we would forget it and joke about it next year. It also made me think if everything would go from the girl who dated a couple of guys including a british, to the girl who fooled herself with guys and ended up being as straight as a noodle. 

It also made me wonder if Karla would be any different if lesbian. And it made it wonder of what would she see in me.

 

KARLA: You know what the worst part of this whole thing is?

SIMON: What?

KARLA: That people don’t even get creative with their sex fantasies, unless they are my mom… or Professor W…

Just a screw up lousy character…



[1 year bringing you decadence]

By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)