Give me the understanding

Posted by Mrs. Kite | Posted in | Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010

Because Belle and Sebastian make me a very happy person.

I want the world to stop (I want the world to stop)
Give me the morning (give me the understanding)
I want the world to stop (I want the world to stop)
Give me the morning, give me the afternoon
The night, the night

Let me step out of my shell
I'm wrapped in sheets of milky winter disorder
Let me feel the air again, the talk of friends
The mind of someone my equal

Tinseltown has followed me from
tinseltown to grey adorable city by the docks

Girls will walk in moving air
the sun hangs low
the girls don’t care
as they paint themselves at dusk.

Towns’ and cities’ populations
up and grow
The workers move to the suburbs
In between I watch and go
I run along side rush hour traffic
a prayer for every car

I want to write a message to you
Everyday at 10 o' clock in the evening

Yellow pearl my city is
This is your art
this is your Balzac your Brookside and your Bach


Comments (2)

Thanks for posting this great video, terrific song!! Just curious..wonder if the lyrics say 'summer my equal' instead of 'someone my equal' since he metnions winter in the same stanza? Sounds like he is saying summer to me...(IMHO) thanks again, blog!!

hey beth,
haha 'summer' clever, clever ;)
it would make a really intresting lyric :)
Nevertheless, I took the lyric from the belle and sebastian official site, where Stuart posted the lyric
(somewhere around here: http://www.belleandsebastian.com/qa.php?about=music%20and%20recordings&page=4 )

doesn't mean you can't sing 'summer my equal', though... :D

glad you liked it, cheers!
thanks for reading!