Burning Peas

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hello?

Yes, hello

Who is this?

It's Dallas...

Oh... sure. Who? Dallas? What do you want?

I'd like to speak with Robert...please

He's dead

I know he's not, could I please talk to him?

What for? You haven't shown your face in over five years! And now you have the nerve to call the old man in his misery? You really have no shame Dallas

...Could I please speak to

You should not have called, not after all these years, and the way you went away... We were better off thinking you were dead

Mom, please don't start...

To don't start?! You dare to tell me not to start you ungrateful prick! This started a long time ago Dallas

Could you just pass me Robert?

After all these years one would expect you to call him dad by now

I just... got used to it

Where are you living? You better don't be with those junkies again, it would break your father's heart...again.

No, I've been clean for three years now

That's what you said last time, remember?

Mom, you're making this harder than it is

You think it was a day in the park for your father and I? Do you think we danced of joy every time we heard a body was found dead in a park thinking it was you? How do you think we felt knowing you were most likely in the streets passed out? You don't get to tell me what's hard and what's not young boy.

I just want to speak to Robert! Pass him the damn phone!

Don't raise your voice to me, it's of no use. I will not pass you to your father, he is weak, after the stroke the doctors think he doesn't have left much. It'd be better if he tought his son was dead in peace.

Are you denying me a talk with MY father?

No, I'm protecting my husband. Why do you think he had a stroke in the first place? He hasn't been good since you decided to disappear.

But is he fine?

I jut told you he is weak, he doesn't have much left.

So why won't you hand him the fucking phone?!

Because I told him you were DEAD! That's why! That's why he had a cardiac arrest and that's the same reason he can now sleep in peace knowing his son is not wandering the streets under the effect of God knows what.

So that's it? I'm dead for you? Now this is surprising...

Dallas, dear, there's no greater pain than a parent's loss for a child. But we lost you a long time ago, it doesn't matter the way

...

Now, if you'll excuse me, there are some peas in the stove.




Who was that?

Nobody.

Why are you crying?

Because of the peas! I'm crying because the damned peas are now burn, Robert!!



By I'm the Penguin

Comments (0)