Your dead sister

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm sure you've heard all kind of stories about the night your sister died, I'm also sure you try not to talk to your mother about it because, you simply know it's not right, and that every time she closes her eyes and breaths deep she's trying her hardest not to have a break down. And I'll tell you what else, I'm also sure you have no clue of what happened.

Your dad may have told you when you were very little that gran sis died because lordie wanted her near him, or some gibberish story. But the details came later, and I am going to far as to call them details, because he told you "Frank, your sister died a long time ago and it's not a pleasant memory to remember, if you have to know, it happened in an accident. Now finish your peas and make your prayers."

Your father isn't never able to talk about it, he feels guilty for her dead, guilty for your mother's broken heart and guilty for lying to you. They can't even talk about her, but if I had to describe her I would say she was beautiful, strangely beautiful. I wasn't very much around when she was about 7, but I saw her in a couple family reunions, the ones I was forced to go, of course.

She wasn't a normal kid, now I don't say this as in she was some mambling jambling freaking genius solving Einstein's postulates. Neither do I mean she was a complete freak who ought to be in a mental institution, she just wasn't normal. She observed the snails move and said no word, she showed interest for the most unimportant things of all, but she did with such a care. She observed and counted all the ants in a row as if they were some sort of moving cookies, or whatever the hell normal kids like.

But you know, the freakness didn't stop there, the worst was yet to come, as it tends to happen with this family. She grew up and turned twelve when your mother knew she was pregnant, now this is where it turns weird right? Because they've told you she died before they ever had you, what a huge amount of bullocks. Martha and your dad wanted to miscarry the baby, they were too afraid another child of them would have such a abnormal existence, but their fear of religion was stronger than their fear of genetics. So they just waited and hoped for you to turn out right, and Samantha just kept turning weirder, she now talked about talking trees and different dimensions where people were different.

Now it is not very clear, because your parents made sure non of us ever went to your birth, they were too afraid to show the world they had created another monster, but you came out right. So you arrived to your house, where 13-year-old Samantha was forbidden to be alone with you. You must think they were inhumane, but they didn't know what to do with her, they did all they thought was possible, they talked with the local priest and took her to church daily, what else could they do? Seriously, if your parents were anymore ignorant they would no longer be called humans, no offense.

I'm just telling you this because I think is necessary for you to know what happen and also because I know what happened. I was around that day, which is why you didn't knew about my existence until yesterday. Your mother was out and your dad and I were talking about shit and then we heard a noise. We thought it was just freaky Samantha doing her thing, but then the weird noises came from the baby monitor. We climbed the stairs as fast as our legs allowed us, and there you were: In her arms, she was holding you and singing to you, talking about you both going to the moon together or whatever, I honestly don't remember that well. I was too shocked worrying about your life.

Samantha had opened the window and climbed down with you and she was in the roof, holding you, just talking to you and Godknows who else. Your father was paralyzed, he could do nothing but yell, and he yelled at her forcefully and desperately, not only for the baby, but he was also blaming her to be the way she was. As you can possibly predict, you were rescued, and so was Samantha, but your parents knew you were no longer safe. So if church doesn't solve your problems what do you do?

I tried to convince them otherwise, I tried to help, but then again I've always been crazy Luo who faints every few weeks. I couldn't do anything, they took her to some mad house in Michigan, I never really understood why so far, they just did. And so they left little Samantha to her own luck in a place where she knew no-one, where she was treated as some rat in a lab. I visited her constantly, it was horrible how she had turned into a very aggressive being, even savage. After a while the visits were useless, they didn't allow her any contact with anyone, she had tuned into something that was not that little girl counting ants.

That's the story Frank, you have no dead sister, you just have a sister that was never understood by who she was, and now is alone in some dark room, alive.


By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)