Dark times ahead

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I can feel it on the air, it is that scent of dead animal and acid in the wind that tells you. It is the self preparing of one self to catastrophe even when the day is sunny, it comes from your very core, you just know it is there, you just know it will show up, knock at your door and turn your world upside down.

I felt it today, just after picking up the mail as I got home, as i walked to the door I knew it, something dark was coming, something uncomfortable for every particle of my being was planing to stay for a while, I knew shadows were all upon me. If only i could have done something about it, but I know I couldn't, as it has always happened with these things, I could do nothing to stop it.

So when I introduced the key in the door, i turned it, and I really didn't want to open it, I knew all the darkness would be out of there as soon as I opened. I simply knew something big was at the other side, my heart rushed. I opened the door and there he was, Kevin, hanging from a rope hanged in the ceiling. I simply stood there, feeling as I had never in my entire life. Sadness and anguish simply are too small to describe, I was broken, and I was broken since I was in the doorstep, but this, just killed me.

And so I watched him for over two more minutes, then I cut the rope, and called an ambulance, but even two years later, when I would be celebrating my birthday, surrounded by all my friends and family, all supporting me, even then I knew I had died at that specific moment, when that horrible wind swirled by my face.



By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)