The girl in the yellow dress

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008

It's saturday, I'm tired, the soil in my feet feels good. The air is fresher now, that was one awful winter, I don't feel like working, the Sun bothers me, close the windows, shut that annoying bird!

"Henry!" I hear, I wished she hadn't called me, now I have to pretend I didn't heard, I don't like to lie.
"Henry! I know you are awake, come down and get prepared" she said, but I don't want to go, wherever that "down" is, I just want to lay here, listen to the running water.

"Daddy!" says now her, I hate when she calls me and I don't answer, I hate when she needs em and I can't be there. I would rather stay just here, here forever.

It's just that it has been so long since I had a descent break, I just wish I could stay here, even with birds and sticky thing on my legs. But I know I have to go, the girl in the yellow dress can't be kept waiting, i love that little brat. So I raise with a swing, I still don't want to open my eyes, I know the room will change once I do.

"Henry! You promised to take Gina to the zoo" she said again, now she is angry, I know it, so I hurry, I finally open my eyes, there is no running river anymore, the birds scattered, and the tree just flew with the wind, there just rests the bed and some ordinary furniture, covered by green ashes.

The zoo is always interesting, with all those little monkeys walking, screaming and running around, they are hilarious to observe, always doing the stupidest things, obviously the animals are also interesting, but not as much. I dress, my wardrobe is old now, I should check the trendy simplicities of these days, one can let go so easily of those irrelevant details.

I see the man in the mirror, he is getting old, he is watching his life happen in front of his eyes. I feel bad for him, but, there is nothing I can do for him. I walk to the stairs, I remember the little girl's first steps, I was worried for the floor to move and make her fall, but it all happened beautifully.

"I'm coming" I say, although it is quiet obvious with all the squeaking of the wood stairs

"Daddy!" says the girl of the yellow dress, she tries to hug me with those silly little arms, she can just hold my legs, I hug her back, and lift her, she is getting bigger, I hope she doesn't end up hating me. She is so sweet.

"Are you sure you can take her? You seem really tired now that i see you" said Lauren, she is wearing the same shirt as the night I told her I love her. I still do, madly, even with all the death bodies in the closet, even with the monsters down the bed.



By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)