Niffle Jorund

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008

She ran into the room, the door burst open, I was terrified, the sword was broken, the elixir was gone, Sarah was lying possibly death in the Stone of the Moon, she was in front of me, I knew Kreya would kill me, she gave me that glare that told me I would see the Sun light never more. I was desperate, I knew no one would ever be able to stop her, I knew that I had failed and lost the only chance to end with her. Maybe someone, somewhere had the new purpose of ending her, but this was it for me.

The clouds were dancing today more than other days, the trees were excited about something that had once happened but they couldn't remember any more, I knew there was a war upon us, I knew that the first to go would be the order of the Silver Wolf, but was it so wrong to try to enjoy my possible last weeks hidden in these forests? Sarah and James were there, we all knew we were going to fight a battle we didn't believed in. And that probably we would never have that life, the kind of life they teach you all your life to live in, the kind of life you hate to love but then traps you, the kind that makes you go to some monotonous activity everyday just to earn some gold, buy a pork and feed the infants. The kind of life we feared so much, but at the moment seemed the best option. Sarah cried a little, she confessed that despite of her deep dislike towards children, she had always wanted kids of her own
"Just to teach the girls to throw th javelin you know?" she said, as she sobbed silently, the silent woods seemed to absorb every sound, all we could hear was the wind, but not the kind of wind that makes you gay, more like the one that brings news, news of death.

The war started, we were afraid, we had just reached the age of military obligation, I was afraid, and so was James, he had always feared he would die just like his father, in a meaningless war made by some whiny kings in their fur-high sits. The whole city hd taken a sort of look in their eyes, as if they knew what was going to happen, as if they knew that peace was just part of those dusty memories. Mother was sad, she didn't even tried to hide it, one day we talked about what was going to happen, she even insisted on me escaping. I am not only afraid about the fight, I too fear that all what i wanted would be lost, that all that I had planned had vanished. Even that cocky girl two years ahead, Sarah, looks worried, maybe she is just trying to wonder how will she kill a few hundreds.

I was petrified, as soon as we knew what was our mission, the whole troop was broken, we all knew that was a lost cause, we even begged for another assignment, but they just refused "Its vital that this gets done" they said, from their safe hideouts, "we are just sending the best units" they said, knowing we were the only available unit in miles. Some refused, some others just ran away, it was not like going back was an option anyways. We knew we had to confront a legendary witch who had killed a whole army with no more than three flashes of stunning lights and energy so forceful that made a crater in that very ground. I knew most of the stuff were just rumors, but yet she was feared, some said she had came form the lands of Drakmoore with the sole purpose of bringing down every standing empire, some other said she was just a revengeful shadow that had lost any humanity, I just knew she was a witch, reason enough to be more than whiling to give up.

No one knew about how was it that I died, back at GrayWold people assume that all soldiers sent were no longer breathing, Mother had cried ever since I left, the night Kreya made me saw my worst nightmares she could finally sleep in peace, in a sad peace. The wind witch had gone as fast as she had fun making every fiber of my body want its final destination. All I knew was that they had advanced, the war was lost again, to be honest, I never knew what were they all looking for. I just died in the name of my empire, in the name of a broken land.


[the mind...is back]
By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)