Latest news: The Earth goes around

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008

“You know, it is you who warms the blanket, not otherwise” I said, feeling all wise and informative

“Damn, you’re nerdy even when you’re drunk” some voice near me said. And that’s what I last recall of the whole thing, of the so called “party” which involved pre-adults consuming lots of –barely processed—alcohol. And lots of not so decent girls, doing not so decent things, to not so decent people; you get the idea. But there was also a lot of talking involved, more like ranting, but talking still.

As any readable narration I should probably begin from when I was conscious, but let’s just forget the definition of conscious as when someone deliberately makes a firm decision or something, for the sake of my good name –embrace the sarcasm—.

It was 8 p.m. and I had quit my idea of ditching Aiden, still not knowing why, still not convinced about the plan. But hey, if Sir Isaac hadn’t gone out to get hit by an apple what would be of today’s classic physics? (Probably a guy from a patent office would have stolen someone else’s idea of it). So I arrived at the park where Mr. California was already waiting, with bags. Bags with bottles. Bottles didn’t contain Minute Maid.

“I thought you were not coming” Aiden grinned, just making lousy chit chat; he knew I couldn’t resist the curiosity of observing.

“Well, how else would I have gotten your Carny’s perfect machine shirt?” I said, not realizing it had sounded kind of dirty.

“So we’re moving that fast? Sorry, I got nothing for you, honey cheeks.” He laughed, now walking. Without a word I followed him. Since I had never gone to this Kelly Green-whatever-‘s house, or ever walked around the neighborhood, I was pretty damned lost after a few turns. And then I saw us. Out of me us, walking down the lane going to a party, as good old American teenagers. I felt normal, as if this was what I did regularly, “hang out with my dog A, getting some pussy.”How common.

“ So…Aiden, bro.. you know where this girl’s house is, right?” I asked, when I noticed an orange house with small circled windows everywhere started looking familiar, after the fourth time passing next to it. It was almost nine thirty, I guess they call it fashionably late…

“Sure, she lives in this street, or so I understood” He said, rising his brows trying to remember the name “This is St. Mary street right?” he asked, looking for a sign, somewhere.

“Yes, yes it is. It actually is St. Mary here, and for the next, like twenty more miles.” I said, kind of yelling a huge I told you so to myself. But Aiden seemed to be immune to my deathly stinky eye and instead started looking at the road. I wondered if he was looking some sort of huge big sign with leds and neon lights, reading Kelly’s party of sin and profanity .But instead, he was in fact, looking at the road, as in looking at the cars. The boy was a genius, we just had to follow the first tiny old car crowded with more than seven dudes, going at a hurried pace, their veins wanted the –OH.

The entrance was a bit awkward, because for one I didn’t know anyone, and second, I tripped as soon as I arrived. Now, people normally trip, it is a common thing that happens when you’re not aware of the floor. But it’s not the same tripping to a rock in the middle of the park and just say it was an accident, than tripping with the sound system of a multitude that, because they never had anything good to say, they needed a very loud rapper repeating the same phrase forty seven times (without including the chorus). Talk about glamorous entrances.

“Damn my parents are so killing me if they find the stereo is braken” said a tiny blond girl, who apparently was Kelly Green-whatever. Then the angry—and drunk—crowd started making noises that sounded like complains. And sure her fears had bases, her stereo might have never worked again, it had plugged out.

“It just plugged out…” I said, thinking I was saying something obvious, perhaps I should have went through my technical assistance notes, so I could deliver a formal report.

“Oh my god, is that fixable?” asked the girl, I really couldn’t believe that she didn’t knew the term; it almost sounded like a poor accident of bad fiction, or a very drunk girl. So I bended over, took the short cord and directed it to the two rectangular holes, and then music was made.

“You fixs it, you’re my hero” said the blond, forgetting I was the one who broke it in the first place. Then the tumultuous group hailed the music giver and cheered for it, and also because the song changed, and because some girl called Tina came out for the restroom, what can I say, they were enthusiastic.

“So what does it feel to almost ruin your first party?” asked Aiden, putting the not-Minute Maid-bottles in the table. “This is not my first party” I answered, a bit ashamed. “Okay, your first party without bouncy castles” he said, grinning at my lack of sociability. “Well, I haven’t been missing out much” said my lack of sociability, she always had an excuse.

I tried to proceed with the ceremony’s traditions, so I followed Blondie to the living room which was filled with silly people (I don’t want to exploit the word drunk). And then we just watched and talked about really nothing and then some silly people talked to us, and then people actually laughed at my jokes, they were really silly. And it didn’t felt that bad. Moday’s mourning I was going to be the nerd who sits at the back of the room again, but right there I was funny-bespectacled-guy who said funny words. Yet I didn’t belong.

“Aiden” I said, after half of the guys were passed out (it is important to note that it was not even passed twelve a.m.)

“Yes?”

“Why are you nice to me?”

“I’m not”

“No, seriously, I don’t understand. Is this some sort of Cool eye for the geek guy realty show I’m not aware of?”

“It’s funny you say that, but no, I can swear there are no cameras following you, you’re not that photogenic”

“So what is it? Are you a magical guide and after the whole school is my friend you will leave flying in your surf board” that image was actually funny

“I just got you into a freaking party, it’s not like I’m doing you a makeover. I don’t know why you have to analyze things so much ” he said, he bothered, not pissed, not sad, bothered.

“But..” I insisted, then I was interrupted by Steven, who I had never met before.

“Hi man!” he said lifting his hand in some sort of greeting ritual I tried to imitate. I wasn’t good for this.

“Hi… how’ve you been?” I asked, trying to sound sarcastically, but it just doesn’t work for silly guys these days.

“Fine, bro, thanks. So are you liking the party?” He was holding a holed plastic cup, he hadn’t noticed.

“Well, sure” I said, then Aiden saw that for some reason, as the perfect moment to ditch me and he went to the other room, the kitchen I guessed.

“Have you set your eye in any of the chicks here?” Chicks, how nineties. But yea, I had seen a couple of girls who I wouldn’t have mind striping and performing nasty things to, a nerd, nevertheless a man.

“Nope, actually I haven’t looked around” I answered, pretending to actually look around.

“Do you see that babe over there?” he said, pointing at a fairly well endowed Asian girl with tiny little shorts. “She’s Lisa Smith” and one would think foreign looking people would have foreign sounding names. “I know what you’re wondering, shouldn’t she have a name like Lee Wong or something? That’s ‘cause she’s adopted” he said.

“Are you friends or something?” I asked, since that is not information you just tell some guy at some party; I guessed.

“Oh no, she won’t talk to me, not after… never mind, I just know every name of every hot chick here dude, that’s how cool I am.” And then they go around saying I have no life.

“Really? So what’s that girl’s name?” I tried to put in doubt his skills. The freaking CIA would be embarrassed next to this guy

“Her name is Megan Irving, her puppy died a year ago, and she was so devastated she went out with three guys at the same time, poor little thing” I didn’t knew who did he mean by thing.

Twenty minutes later I knew the name and interesting fact of almost every slutty looking girl in the room. And it wasn’t that they weren’t pretty or that they weren’t attractive (they all had boobs), but there was something about shallow girls that I just couldn’t deal with. But well, you don’t go to a car sale to buy books do you?

“Man I haven’t seen you with a drink in the whole night, are you sick or something?” asked Steven, who somewhere along the way said his name, or at least so I understood.

“I don’t really drink…” I confessed, perhaps coming out with a crappy excuse would have been better.

“What the…wait, that wasn’t a joke was it?” He asked, really thinking it was not a possibility. Not drinking underaged. “Dude you seriously have to be kidding”

“ I’m not” I said, taking a long pause, just maybe he would forget. Then he stared at me, unbelieving, as if I had just stated the Earth goes round in times pre-Galileo. “But there’s a first time for everything right?” I was already there; not performing the whole ritual would have been a waste. Little did I knew.



[Okay, no this is not a whole chapter, I haven't finished, but I thought I would have been too much. Yes now I'm making it a novel. Sort of. And yes I know it looks YA and shallow and plane, I just need to get rid of some YA demons]

By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)