Big thoughts.

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009

“Remember always to be sure, before you pour the solution in the flask.”
“Yes sir.” Sure? How’s one supposed to be sure? I know I know. Gas isn’t supposed to be coming out, and the solution must have a yellowish color… But there’s no way of being sure, of anything… Maybe I’m daydreaming and the solution I’m pouring, is not actually a solution but a thought. There’s no way of being sure.
“Now.”
And still, if I thought I was, it’s only a thought.
“Now.”
And I don’t even know what they mean by “yellowish”
“Damn it, pour it now!”
“What?”
“The solution, come on, wake up!”
“Oh, yes…”
I poured the solution.
“So… It’s something supposed to happen?”
“Of course, didn’t you read the practice?”
No.
“Yes.”

Back home.

I’m looking at the lamp. And I wonder how long has it been turned on. I can’t find an answer, so I turn it off.
“Not anymore.” I say to myself.
“Dinner is ready.”
I’m not hungry.
“Coming!”
“How was your day?”
It was…
“OK”
“OK? Have you noticed, “OKs” are about half of your vocabulary since you returned.”
Yes
“Are they? I’m sorry mom.”

[Mrs. K i t e]

Comments (0)