Familiar strangers

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"So how is the party so far?" She asked, dancing to 90's rock, smoking her 80's thick cigarettes. “Really cool place you brought me this time" I said, looking at the dozens of underage drinking dancers. 

 

"I told you I wouldn't let you down this time, didn't I?" she said, with her signature chic smirk.  Her yellow short dress looked orange with the fuzzy lightning. "You know, I'm just happy I got you away from that internet crap, this is the real thing" she said, speaking a bit louder than those matters should be spoken like. "Shh" he shushed "Not here". 

 

"Oh sorry Lonleeboy8, with double e instead of y" she said, turning me red in the second, which just made me match with the ambiance. "Hey, I'm here aren't I?" I said, with the two grams of dignity left. "Whatever J, let's just get you some hot chicks" she said, sounding as if I needed a new coat for the winter. But, I indeed was cold.

 

So Liz took me from the arm and dragged me to this really crowded corner, I figured people gathered for pot or some other crap. Great, Liz got me junkies, this will be a good story to tell Dr. Cabot- the guy in charge of telling my parents I'm just a normal kid, who has apparently failed- I thought. There were many lounges and people all over the place. Then she pulled me some more until we were in front of a red sofa with a group of girls who seemed to be having a blast (two were sleeping). I couldn't give a good look at them, the smoke and red lighting made them all seemed annoyed. Or perhaps they were just not the party type.

 

"So, this is my good friend Jack, the one I told you about" Sarah said, and something of what she said had sounded bad. Maybe the "the one I told you about" part. "Huh, I somehow expected someone cuter, I don't know, almost all artists are cute." said the girl in pink, rectangle-necked dress; or perhaps it was white.

 

"Hey, he kind of has his thing going on" the most awake girl said "Don't listen to her, she's just bitter that guy over there hasn't ever looked over here" she said, pointing at some Impossible-to-get-Hollister-model. "You actually look familiar" she said, looking closer at me, I had the feeling as well. "Oh, I can feel the sparks already. Jess, did you know Jack just got dumped by some silly girl?" Liz said to the girl. "Poor thing" she said, not even pretending enthusiasm "Is that what the rebound girl should sound like?" she said, making me feel like some sort of sick pervert.

 

She had actually sounded serious, until she cracked up and laughed very hard. "You should have seen you face" and she continued to laugh. "So why did this silly girl dumped you? Do you collect your nails or something?" she asked, actually looking sort of interested. "Well, I did put them in my secret place under my bed" I said, trying her sense of sarcasm. She laughed. She passed.

 

"Well Jackie boy, perhaps you should be more secretive about your fetishes" Jess said. By this time Liz had already managed to disappear along with the smoke, she had actually became really good at that lately. But she had actually introduced her a nice girl, after many sad, pathetic and dangerous attempts. "How long had you been together?" she asked.

 

"Well, it wasn't some long relationship where at the end I was crying myself away for weeks. It was just something actually fast." I said, which was for my luck the que for her to move from topic. After speaking of my not so impressive serigraphy, going through her fascination for bubble wrap squishing (which was actually quiet very obsessive), we ended up in some political debate about bringing democracy to other countries. By then I knew she was obsessive, literate, single, and the mother of my future children (if everything went right).

 

"You know, I haven't actually looked at you clearly all this time" I said, like if it had been forever. "We could go outside, I think there is light there... or not" she said, yes, definitely it was true love. "Is that a naughty invitation Ms. I-stole-bubble-wrapping-paper-from-Fedex-several-times?" 

 

"Let's find out" she said, standing up and taking my hand.

 

We walked through the party, which looked the same, just a little more vomit in the floor and less people jumping like maniacs, they were now sleeping like maniacs. We walked through some weird hall that was a clear sign that the party was no longer there. It was completely dark, except from the occational flash light from the party.

 

"Are you sure of where are we going?" I asked in my confusion. "Do I look like I know?" she said "Well, I can't really see you can I?"

 

"So, now, tell me, why did this girl dump you?" she asked, it now sounded actually serious. "Due to distance" I said, trying to be vague. We were still walking, towards what looked like an exit. "So what? she moved?"Jess asked, sounding even sorry for me. "Well, we were never really close..." I said, knowing the truth was eventually going to come out. "I'm not following" she said, looking at me, at least I think. "We weren't close because we never really met, it was an online thing" I said, really fast, praying for her not to have understood a word. 

 

Then there was a huge silence. Then there was a huge "Shit!". "Erg, are you fine, or is it just the feeling of almost making out with a loser" I asked, trying to make things better, and at that I too failed. "What were the odds?" she said almost to herself. And so she kept walking, and I followed, she didn't mind.

 

We were near the exit door and she stopped. "This will sound very stupid and ridiculous, but my second name is Alice... I know, terrible combination, blame my parents" she said, saying it like if she had just diagnosed me some unknown virus. "Now I'm not following" I said, very distracted by the hysteria of the moment. "It just takes you boys longer doesn't it?" she said, opening the door, letting the light in, letting me see her face for once. I just silenced and realized. "Alice... as in AliceINwonder huh?" I said "Shit indeed". 



[hopes it turns out right]
By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)