Love in Saint Valentine's

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Is this how it ends?" he asked, tears in his face and sight sank in the car floor."I guess so" she said, trying to sound as less of a bitch as she could. She was measuring the situation to know when was it right to open the door and run away, but he was still there, crying, sobbing and looking like a lost puppy. She was thinking that now it wasn't a good idea to get a sensitive guy.

 "Was it the fact that I always arrive late?" he asked, with the voice of a death-sentenced man. "You were never late, and it was actually comfortable knowing you good always be there at the time you said you were going to." she said, trying to avoid the voice of the hangman. But she was the dumper, she had ended it all; and in that way relationships were very selfish and complicated, she thought. For it to happen the two are needed to be in it, but for it to end it was only needed that one was out. And she was out, not just out of the field, out in the freaking street. 

"Don't cry, you'll find a nice girl" she said, stupidly trying to make it better. "I don't want other nice girls, I want you" he said, with his deep blue and soaked eyes staring at her, his eyes were always so honest. "That's not completely true" she said, looking at the window, the cars passing, and the people in the streets, everyone just so normal. They would never know, none of them, that she felt like shit, or that she wished more than anything to get out of there. "That's the thing, it is not that you are late, or that you always say inappropriate jokes about race, or that you are not a fan of my friends" she said, "it is that you don't like me."

 "What the hell do you mean? I never cheated on you; I got you something special for every month anniversary. I don't understand you. Is it because of that? Is this some kind of test?" he asked, desperate. "No it's not a test" she said, observing clearly the reason of the dumping. "I don't deny you did any of those great things, it's just that you did it because you thought you had to, not because you wanted to" she said, trying to be as clear as possible. "I feel you are... were in this relationship because you liked the idea of having one, the concept of a girlfriend. I am not a concept." 

"I really don’t know what you're talking about. I mean, who the hell breaks up with someone in Saint Valentine's?" he was now just frustrated. "It is that, it is specifically that, you gave me this sweet 'I wove you' Hallmark car because it is Saint Valentine’s, not because you thought about me. I'm not asking you to make a whole personalized letter in the sky, but it just seems that you're part of the cosmism, in a love degree. It's like you want to buy me" she said, not making her mind of what she wanted to say.

 

"Are you implying that I'm trying to buy you with the presents? Because regular girls simply consider the gifts" he said, he had no idea of what was going on. "No, it's not that. It is that you are... were with me because it is what it was expected from you after we got close, you do things because you think you should, because some corporative-holiday tells you it should be nice to buy me something. When have you given me something personal? A CD with our favorite songs, a scrap book, an I don't know what." she said, getting even more confused.

 "I only did that because I care about you" he said. "You care about the idea of your girlfriend who you can introduce to your friends, your lovely girlfriend who you can take home to your mom. You care about your girlfriend, but I'm also Alissa, a woman with hopes and favorite songs, who hates to go to malls and likes to break glass." she said, recognizing the same sight of confusion and lack of understandment form him. She took her purse, left the candy and got off the car. "I still wish you the best" she said. "I still love you" he said. "You love Saint Valentine's, not me" she said, turning around and waling into the dark alley.




B y I'm the penguin

Comments (0)