Stranger across the wall

Posted by I'm the penguin | Posted in , | Posted on Saturday, October 17, 2009

Who is that person?

He is just standing there, staring at me blankly. He looks familiar, I won't deny it, but still I don't recognize him.

He looks me in the eye and I look back, but nothing is said. Neither of us recognize each other, and there is no one else in the room, just he and I.

His deep dark eyes don't move an inch, they don't hesitate at my presence and continue to beam me, deep into me, deep like no other person, yet we don't know each other.

After a while I start to notice his body, it looks so strange, figures that I'm not used to, colors that I don't recognize as mine. He looks at me and I just contemplate his gaze, his foreign essence in front of me. He is like nothing I know, yet he is supposed to be a familiar image.

I open my mouth to say something, I'm not sure what but I do. He does too, his movements seem inarticulate, I wait for him to say something but he doesn't. Then I raise my arm to reach him, he is so very close; he does it too. We touch, it is cold and lacks electricity.

I see no point on continuing the interaction with the stranger and turn around, and walk away from the mirror.



Comments (0)