Awkward common day

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in , | Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008

we’re flying, we’re dreaming, we’re falling, we’re bleeding.

it's aching, it’s turning, it’s comming, it’s cozy

I don’t think he knew we was dying, not at that time anyways. The doctors had been in 10 minutes ago, and he was still with that same naïve smile. So I held his hand, and he told me hopeful words that couldn’t have been of a nearly-dead person. We talked about usual things, my mother, our niece, and the weather. I mentioned the roof had a leak, and he promised to fix it as soon as he was out of the hospital. It had started raining, and I went for a coffee at the hall’s machine. Took out 3 quarters and a nickel to get a mocha-latte. The steam from the cup blurred my glasses, I entered back into the room, and a movie was on. I got into the bed, by his side. I leaned my head on his chest, as I heard his weak heart pump.


[Mrs K i t e ]

Comments (0)