living by the day

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008

"I'm still worried" you whispered, with a voice that was so familiar and felt like a bucket of iced water every time I heard it.

"Will, you can't just go on like this, the war is happening, we can't just stay home and cry" I told you, I knew they weren't the best words I could've said, but I hate it when I have to be the strong one.

"You more than anyone knows how much i'm into this, but what do you expect? for me to just wait until the next battle, and see who dies? What if it was me who died next time? What would you do?" you said furiously, I remained silent, the sole idea of being away from you crushed my thorax, pressed my longs and killed my heart, it was the most intolerable feeling, but yet I said nothing

"I know it's been hard, but I just can't cope any longer with leading this people to their possible deads, to just come back home and wait for the next battle, the enemy will grow powerful soon, I don't know for how long our futile resistance will last"You then said, tears building inside your eye.

"You know I'm here Will, but please don't ask me to try to let you go on with your depression, I can't stand it, and it is not the moaning and the sobbing, or the ranting and the complaining, I can deal with that, what I can't deal with is the idea of you being unhappy and drowning in sadness" I said desperately trying to make you feel better, and it worked, but being better than dead is still being dead inside.

"I just wished this would end, and we could just go back to the daily jobs, children going back to school, but these times are darker than ever" you said, then you sighed and went to bed with your eyes closed

"You do know I love you right?" I asked, with some sarcasm on it, even in regard of the situation

"Yes Sam, I know you do, which is why my fear of dying exists, who cares about living in a world of imprison, I go out there and live because of you." you say, with those dreamy eyes that made me sick but yet I loved.

"Yeah, well lets not get too corny, pumpkin, lets just focus on living until Friday" i said, when indeed I wanted to say that i was scared to dead, that your worries were nothing compared to what i felt everyday not knowing if you were coming back or lying dead in the streets

"Yea, and maybe we can catch a movie or something, you know, after freeing the theaters from that scum, and probably saving the whole country too" You said, recovering that hint of humor left in you, while smiling and holding me. These are the moments we both lived for, these moments of peace with each other during this time of death and suffering.


By I'm the Penguin

Comments (0)