The high way

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Is this the right way?" she asked while loosing herself in a huge map

"Can anyone know the right way?" he answered, looking blankly to the window

"Don't get all philosophical with me ok? Do you think we should take the next turn?"

"I believe you should do the turn where you think is right to, it's your car, your call, but be conscious we can't go back to give another turn"

"Are you always this inconclusive? You are a guy aren't you, guys are supposed to be good with all these maps and stuff, please help me!" she angrily cried as the moved the gigantic map

"Sure, let me see it" he said and he took the map"Well, I think you are not that lost, you just didn't noticed this turn took you here, see?" he said, while pointing to a spot in the middle of nowhere "You are not there, you are here"

"Great! Now i know where I'm lost!" she muttered as she took back the map

"Well, I wouldn't say lost, the engine is still working and since you know where you are, you can now know how to get back to the way you wanted" he calmly stated

"Why do you keep saying "you" it's both of us in the car you know?" she desperately said to him

"Just, turn on the car, and start driving, right now even a hunch would be fine to make the decision on which way" he said, still calmed as a glass of iced water.

"A hunch? are you crazy, do you have some kind of mental retardation? We are int eh middle of the road, I can't go by hunches" she hysterically yelled

"I don't see the problem, you are not moving anyways, so what's the difference" he asked, while looking blankly at something far far away

"The difference, is that if I go by a hunch and not a well made plan I might end up God knows where" she said, as if talking about the obviousness of why do things fall

"And where exactly are you right now?" he asked, not moving his eyes from that thing maybe not even in this earth.

And so she started the engine while rolling her eyes and muttering something about "stupid hippie"-ishness

Then she skipped the turn to the left, and the next to the right, and the next, and the next.

"You have to take a route sometime you know? If you wish to make it in time"

"I know! But i'm just afraid I will make the wrong turn and to get lost for good" she said anxiously

"Look, this roads are not one way, there is not only way to get there, if you take a wrong turn, you can always follow another way to the original path" he said, now looking at her eyes very intensely

"I guess" And so she kept driving




By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)