Mashed potatos

Posted by Mrs. Kite | Posted in | Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009

There was a fly in the mashed potatoes by the time you arrived, I was watching it, move its little limbs trough our food, it flew away when you slammed the door. You walked in, playing with your keys, you had that keychain I had got you from seattle, the sound of the space needle against our house's keys... Every time you did that it meant you were anxious, I knew what you were anxious about, and I would've gone to you and try to fix it, but not now, not today, I was done fixing things. I just sat in the couch, and there was no fly to watch anymore.
Then, you finally came into the room, I didn't bothered to say hi, you did.
'Is eveything alright?' you asked,and I said
'yes'.
'Is there something eat?' you said
'Mashed potatos' I answered

Comments (0)