Corresponds

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in , | Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008

“Why is it nightime?”
“Erm… you’ve lived, what? 14 years… and you still don’t know why is it night time? God, there really IS something wrong with the educational system.”
He gave a laughing sight. I knew he was joking.
“No, I mean… Why did you bring me here.. In night time.”
“Well, it’s part of the surprise. I don’t want to spoil anything.”
I was scared. My mom would be freaked out if she had any idea where I was. I was certainly not at Mindy’s house.
“How much longer?”
“Just a little bit longer, keep walking.”
“Jared, how old are you?”
“I’m 24” he assured
Ten years. It was a lot. I better not tell mom.
“Here we are.”
“I don’t see anything.”
“That’s the whole point.” You gave me one of your conspiracy looks. “Sit, I brought some covers.”
It was a place in the middle of the woods. It was really cold. It was surrounded by trees. I was scared. I mean, I had a humongous crush with the guy, but I didn’t know what to do.
“I brought some cookies, chocolate chip…” he said, “over there, in the basket.”
“What time is it?”
“I believe it’s like… 1 am…”
“So, what are we really doing here?” I asked, in a serious way.
I was scared, he was way old for me, but I loved him, and he had never said anything. He was just amazingly polite and nice, and one day he came up and said: I have something to tell you, I have a surprise.
“We are… we came here to look at the stars.”
I looked up, there where millions of stars over us. The city had killed them, but now, they had re-born over us, as we saw them for the first time. We laid down for a long time, I loved hearing you breathe.
“Well, there’s something else I want to tell you.”
“Yes?” My heart accelerated, I was so scared.
“Well… you’ve been… for me…. You’ve been, like my little sister.”
Little sister?
“Like someone I have fun with, I can trust, I can teach. We’ve shared lots of moments, and, well… you are very special for me… you truly are the little sister I never had.”
I was a little sister.
“And… well, remember I told you about the applications I made for the universities?”
“Of course.”
“I got in.”
“Seriously?”
“Yes! Isn’t that great! I’m leaving, at the end of the month!”
“You’re leaving?”
“Yes, I already have the dorm and everything… And I just wanted to tell you how important you are for me, and that I’ll miss you.”
He gave me a hug.
My heart stopped.

[ Mrs. K i t e ]

Comments (0)