Insightful day

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And the symphony begins, soft sound of running water in the back, the drums of cars in the street make a not so rhythmic companion, and then the birds start in the front. The wind carries the notes as the good director it is, with overlaps and interruptions, all well planned into the melodious noise it was to wake up. And so get up from bed, the floor is as cold as every morning, and it still creates the same fuzzy feeling from my toes to my head, even three years later when I should be used to it, and I like it. The apartment still smells to those beautiful daisies Fiona brought, they still have that silky texture and soothing smell I love so much about them. I walk to the bathroom and do the morning routine, as I continue to listen the street's orchestra.

After I tight the laces of my right shoe I walk to the door and begin the real day, the one where I know I will encounter something different, the one which I can't define just by feeling it every day, it changes, it recreates itself. And so I step out, the neighbor's dog has started to bark and in the apartment at the left they are preparing tea, for what I smell is green tea, but it could also be lemon. I call Tally who as always is very silent, sometimes I wonder if she really breaths all the time. So I put the leash on her necklace and proceed to take her out for the morning errands.

As we get out of the building, Mrs. Coy says hi, and as usual Tally barks back and I wave gently. She was using too much perfume, maybe she would be seeing someone important, or someone without the olfactory sense for that matter. In our way we go pass a bakery which smelled deliciously and had big ovens baking hundreds of cookies pretty loudly. As I walked by the lane, more noises from all sort of sources made incredible harmony in a chaotic way that I always thought only I could appreciate.

And as I'm about to cross the street someone talks to me "Hi Erick" he said, because it is a masculine voice. "Hi" I answer, still not remembering who it is. "you seem happy today son" said the man, Mr. Simmons. "Well sir, I try to maintain a good attitude overall, and how can you not? the day is beautiful." I said, with a smile in my face. "Well, the sky looks like it is going to rain and the streets are dirtier than ever, plus lately everything is just messed up" he said in some sort of whining babble. "Well I think it's just me and not being able to see that." I said, optimistically.

"Oh! sorry I didn't mean to say it that way... I mean I know you are, well... sorry" babbled Mr. Simmons. "Don't worry, have a nice day" I said, as Tally indicated me it was safe to cross the street, that or she was following a pigeon, whatever it was, she was wrong.


[this post announces the end of the egotistical series]
by I'm the penguin

Comments (0)