My novel

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Friday, November 14, 2008

I have always thought life is unreal, it is written so poorly that the writer was obviously just typing. So I have always, as well, thought that we, people, see our "lives" as art. And I don't mean we all live such beautiful and meaningful existences that each should be call art, I mean that I feel that everyone thinks their lives as if it was an art piece, a movie, a novel, a poem or a paint (in some cases a videogame). So I mean in a you're-so-selfcentred-you-actually-think-your-life-is-movie-material kind of way, rather than everyone's life's art, because let's be honest, not even the half of the population bare interesting existences.

So for me there's those who see their lives as a movie, which are the big majority, seeing themselves in situations that others see, seeing their little events in life be a climax for that part of the life-long movie. There are others that see themselves as in a novel, a pretty decadent realism I may say for such cases. I've known of some that see their life as paintings, but those are far to complex to explain in this humble post. So what if you're just a cameo in that movie you've thought for so long you're the leading character?

Surely the story changes as you decide to, or maybe you change as the writer decides so, but who's the writer? yourself? sure? Who ever the writer is something is true, the worse thing you can do is to become a cameo in your own story, but you can't really decide that, for your just an extra in Rosie's movie (Rosie is the woman who past next to you in the grocery shop this weekend, she thought you were an employee and asked you where the fruit was). So which story is yours? To be honest I don't know, but then again, neither do you.

Looking into myself, I think I would say I live my life as if it was a novel, a novel with several characters, written in first person, and yet containing a narrator who's not the character. Mine would be a novel hard and tedious to read, filled with ramblings and questions that are wither unanswerable or just plainly stupid. But I know it is not a classic novel, or even one, I know it is not the magic realism I wish it were, I know it's not a non-fiction bestseller. Mine is a screenplay of a circus, even if I look way classier to be circus material, even if I don't feet with the carnival vibe. I know this because in no other place would a character with so many faces and masks would be seen as normal, not that I'm seen as normal, but I don't stand out. No novel would allow a half jew half gypsy playing the violin, make fun of the government while telling a story. That's not decadent realism.



[what's your format?]



By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)