First kiss(es)

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in , | Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008

It was here where we had our first kiss, and it's silly I remember, because it not only happen like fifteen years ago, but it was also an accident. He may not remember this, but we were ten, he was riding his bike while imagining he was riding some space ship or something, while I was walking through the bridge, imagining I was crossing a hanging old bridge in the middle of the jungle. I remember I saw him and I pictured him as my knight in shinny armor, well I was thinking more of my Indiana Jones, because that was what was hip back in the day, but you get the point.

And so he came with his horse to my aid, crossed the dangers with graceful agility, took me and helped me out of the bridge, and then we rode on his Indian horse named Mukunda. All this of course while he thought he was taking a space prisoner in his combat star ship. And call me cheesy, but that is one of the most romantic and cutest stories I have, maybe that is why people tell me I need to do more of that stuff.

Well, the point is that after that we were just hanging out in the corner of the bridge, looking at the water when he spotted a frog or one of those things only little boys love so much. So he bend over to catch it, and when he had it in his hands I was looking down to see whatever the abomination was, and it was so sudden, so quick that when he stood up quickly our lips met for a fraction of a second. And it's an story as old as time, girl is shocked, boy runs away disgusted. Now that I think about it, I believe that was way better than if he had held the frog above his head, and now the story would be different. So much things could have been different.

After that we grew up, puberty happens, boys started liking girls and girls started talking about boys, make up, bras and sex ed. But even if I say it like this, things don't really change, we were still little immature 13-year olds. I think we started liking each other more for inertia than really like, you see we had known each other forever, and we had been nice to each other always (except for the kiss and the frog episode). So it all came very natural when, according to Thomas Jefferson P.S 5ยบ rules, he threw me a balled paper from his notebook (with the spiral paper thingies still on it) with a lovely horrendous handwriting Would you be my girlfriend?. And of course I said yes, and of course he was more timid and shy from that day on than ever in his life, and of course we spoke even less at the beginning, and of course it was well known in all the school we were boyfriend and girlfriend, you know the regular stuff.


Then we got to speak more, then we got to go on a first date, which sucked because or mothers (who obviously knew all along) insisted on taking pictures of us, which was the most embarrassing thing that I have lived (that includes the prom night fiasco, which is another story). Then we went to the movies, and it was an action film, so there was not much talking, or any other activity that was not him staring doltishly at the screen. But the second date was kind of better, we walked his dogs in the park, but at least we got to talk. And then there were more dates but the one I like to remember the most (and like to think of as the first one) was a night out. We were 14 and were now allowed to get home by 8, so he insisted he had something awesome to show me, and I for one believed it was another drunk guy or something, but yet decided to follow him, just for the fun of it.

It was a huge surprise when I got to the park and didn't found a death body or a hobo, but instead our initials, surrounded by a heart carved in the concrete bench. I know it sounds really stupid and childish now, but well... we were stupid and childish. So then I was all blushed and feeling warm inside when we decided to take a walk. We both knew what was about to happen, we had been going out for a month or so, we were fourteen, we were fourteen and we were fourteen. That was going to be our first formal kiss.

So we just walked and bought some ice cream, kept walking until we got to this same bridge. We got nervous, we stopped talking, we even had nervous laughter without any jokes needed. Then (clever) I spilled some ice cream in my chin, he came close to clean it off with a napkin, and I thought he was doing a move. I bet you already know where this is going. So I think he is doing a move and as I have never believed that boys are the ones that HAVE TO give the first step and such, I approached to, and in an ungracious move our lips meet for the second time. We stay there for more than fractions of second, not because we really enjoy it, but because of confusion. The he backed off quickly, and in difference with the first time that had happened, he didn't ran away.

So, that is the story of my first kiss, the real one, and the propper one. And let me tell you neither of them was really great. And to be honest that was the story of our relationship, every step we took further looked more like an accident than romance. But looking back it was all good, at least how it should have been, then we got to highschool, took different paths and stopped talking to each other eventually, you know, the regular stuff.



[using foreign inspiration]
By I'm the penguin

Comments (0)