Again

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2008

It was late, again, and this time it wasn’t me, surprisingly. I was really worried, as I get when people get out of their regular habituations. I called and got no answer, ( I was the one who didn’t answer, right?) so, I waited, looking at the sky as I always did, looking at the stars.

It was cold, colder than back there, but it was ok. I liked it better, I was used to it, you hadn’t recovered from that cold that you said wasn’t a cold, and mumbled angrily always as “damn temperature changes” but I was wearing a coat and a scarf so I was ok with the “damn temperature changes”.

Clear starry skies mean two things, either it is night, or to early. This time, it was too early, we both hated traffic jams, and so the perfect solution was of course, leaving for a trip at 4:00 am. Duh!

Finally car lights came by my dorm zone, and you stopped. I got in. Your eyes where a little red and so was your nose. I asked if you were ok, and you just answered, “damn temperature changes.”

“Are you ready,” you asked.

“Actually and surprisingly I am.” You laughed discreetly and as you started the car again. Then in that sarcastic humorous tone which has always made me crack up you said,

“You better are, ‘cause I’m not stopping this car until we’re there.”

“Don’t worry.” I said and you smiled. “… I can jump, the windows are wide.” You looked at me seriously and placed the window locks.

We laughed deeply.

We were in our way.

“Wait, this isn’t fair by the way.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes.” I assured

“Do you remember any cats?”

“No. Which cats? Don’t tell me you’re superstitious about cats, not when you’re driving.”

You looked disapprovingly.

“Oh God, you’re always like this. THE CAT. Plus a known German name… Rings any bells?”

I gave you a I-had-got-it-before-,-thanks sight,

“It’s actually Austrian, and yes.”

“Then it is fair, and you owe me this.”

“But… It… because…”

“No buts, shut up.”

“OK”

We laughed deeply again.

“Now it is your turn, and you have to come.”

"You tell me it wasn't a big deal."

"Since when packing your things and going with no direction is a big deal"

"Since you see directions everywhere....

"Shut it... that's the beauty of it, I had never gone impormptu. Until perhaps now."

"Your imptomptumes better work ok."

"If it doesn't I can blame you." you laughed sarcasticaly

"Not."

"Totaly."

[ Mrs. K i t e ]

[ magazine interview, about you and your career, vast ]

Comments (0)