Avoid wasting time

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in | Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008

I wouldn’t say it was a bad day, not amazing either. Still, ignoring the lack of interest and dullness one can have in days like this I thought about some interesting things. (Which was, what we would call the highlight of my day, the glass was half full in that sense) But even so, the fact of talking easy senseless decisions should be enough sometimes to justify your existence. You made part of the world’s history that day, by not being named in the news. I mean, if I hadn’t made one choice, history could’ve changed. What if I had changed the driving lane without looking the mirror, what if I had done something different and somehow discovered something life-changing, or universe-changing, what if I had shot everyone at school. I would be remembered by someone that day, but I decided, unconsciously maybe, not to. Changing history by not changing it. Maybe that’s it, and I’m sure the possibilities (in numbers, since everything’s numbers now, and people has just lost faith in destiny) may be microscopically ridiculous, but, I had it in my hands, for a second, I had it in my hands, and decided not to destroy it.

[ It’s interesting the use I finally give to stupid chit-chats with uninteresting people. Makes me feel I didn’t lost my time in the end of it ]

[ Mrs. K i t e ]
[ write your top 25 quick guesses, of what do I think/expect from my short/med-term future (0-5 years) ]

Comments (1)

Definitely avoid 'wasting' time, as our time here is precious. And during our time we do have immense power to act and make changes (sometimes through inaction as well).

I think we have much more power than most people realize. However, when the idea of 'changing history' is brought up, people are quick to think about mysteriously going back to some time in the past and affecting the situation to change the results that we see in the present. The problem is that there are immense factors that contribute to any specific event. So imagining traveling to another time, and as one single person 'changing history' seems out of reach.

I think we do really have an immense power to ‘change history’, but perhaps not as most people might think through the use of some magical external machine. Our real tangible power derives from the ability each one of us has to change the present through our actions. It is in the power of our actions today that history is changed. Consider what we mean by the concept of 'history'.

History is not merely a collection of facts. Facts make sense only within the milieu within which they are understood. Without a milieu… without a context, facts are meaningless. So to ‘change history’ one must act to change the current environment so that it reflects a new meaning of past events.

So 'changing history' is our power as awareness-seeking beings. That is our responsibility within the flux of past, present and future. In the present, we act through what the past has presented to us... to change the future. Every action that we take affects what will come to be. And what will come to be will be the milieu within which people will look back at past events. That is how we ‘change history’. If you are interested you might look to http://www.Changing-History.com for further discussion.