Playground

Posted by SgtPepper | Posted in , , | Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008

“What is the furthest you’ve ever been from home?” Johanna, the older girl with pink cheeks, asked as we were all sitting in a circle in the middle of the playground.

“Once I went with Aunt Susie to Wyoming in my Christmas holyday.” The bubbly girl said now.

“Were you with your parents?”

“Sure! I never go out without mommy or daddy.”

“But, like, without your parents, maybe an Aunt, or Uncle.” Johanna asked again.

“I went once to visit my uncle Jerry, and I was all by myself, well, with my uncle Jerry, but not with mom or dad.” A proud blonde kid said.

“I went to a place by myself, too.” Said the other, lonely kid. No one really dared to ask, until Johanna’s curiosity was bigger than anyone else’s shyness.

“Where?” She asked.

“To the moon,” he said really convinced of himself. All the other kids started laughing. And he walked away, didn’t even cared, with such an indifference that even the playground ‘watcher’ noticed, how he slowly walked away from that cruel, laughing crowd. This ‘watcher’ was indeed a teacher, young, new. He felt intrigued with this kid.

“Who is he?” he asked Mrs. Miriam as he pointed the kid.

“Ohhh… I see, you’ve noticed him Mr. Hampton”

“Call me Dean, please.” he said

“Dean, you’ve just noticed Todd.”


[Mrs. K i t e ]

you're my favorite flavor, you're my playground love [playground love-air]

Comments (0)